Building and Construction
Building Division Staff offer a range of services to builders and individuals that wish to build and/or renovate in the Town of LaSalle, including:
- issuing permits for the construction, renovation, demolition and certain change of use of buildings and structures;
- issuing permits for the installation, alteration, extension or repair of on-site sewage systems;
- issuing permits for fence enclosures for swimming pools;
- carrying out inspections to ensure compliance with the Ontario Building Code;
- issuing Occupancy Letters.
Building permits are required to protect the interests of both individuals and the community as a whole. By reviewing and approving building plans before any work is done, and by carrying out inspections while construction is underway, building staff can ensure that buildings comply with:
- the Ontario Building Code, which sets standards for the design and construction of buildings to meet objectives such as health, safety, fire protection, accessibility and resource conservation;
- the local zoning by-law and other planning controls on buildings
- other applicable legislation, including conservation authority approvals and certain requirements under the Environmental Protection Act.
To assist you in applying for a permit, the following on-line resources have been made available: