Swimming at the Vollmer Culture and Recreation Complex
The H20asis Aquatic Centre has a beach entry with a warm 85 to 86 degrees F every day. The pool has a therapeutic soft walk floor, waves and water features. Float your way along the Lazy River, or get some exercise and walk against the current. There are 3 lanes for swimming or water walking. There is also a spa and sauna for heat therapy.
The Vollmer Complex is completely accessible to allow people of all abilities to participate in programs. Professionally trained and certified staff are available to ensure that all members receive the highest quality assistance.
Our pool is governed and monitored by the Ontario Public Pool Regulations to ensure safe operations.
Swim Skill Test
Those 7 years and older may swim by themselves if they can swim 2 widths of the pool (about 20m) without help, and tread water for 30 seconds. For a list of upcoming swimming lessons, visit our Swimming Lessons page.
To use the water slide, swimmers must be at least 7 years old, be at least 42" tall and pass the swim skill test.
Users must be at least 16 years old.
Users must be at least 16 years old.
Change Room Information
There are family change rooms. Children 3 years and older must use the right change rooms (girls in the female change room and boys in the male change room). If children are with an adult of the opposite gender, then the family change rooms should be used. When using the family change room, please dress/undress in the stalls.
The Town of LaSalle requests that all swimmers, their friends and their family not use the camera functions on cell phones while in locker rooms, change rooms or shower areas. Please let a staff member know if you have concerns related to the use of any camera.
General Pool Information
- Shower with soap and water before you enter the pool.
- Do not wear street shoes in the shower or pool area (parents of swimmers included).
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the deck or in the viewing area.
- Use proper areas when changing diapers. Waterproof diapers can be bought at the front desk. Please note that cloth or regular diapers are not permitted in our pools. We recommend "Huggies Swim Pants", "Gabbies", or "Pampers Little Swimmers".
Please remember to look after your things at all times. The Town of LaSalle is not to blame for lost, stolen or damaged things. You can use a locker for free. You can bring your own lock or buy one at the front desk.
Lost and Found
Have you left something behind? Items are kept in our lost and found for two weeks. Please ask the lifeguards or the front desk staff if you have lost something.
Proper swim clothing or bathing suits must be worn in the pool at all times. Clothing (t-shirts etc.) is not permitted. Swim caps and goggles can be bought at the front desk.
The pool could close at any time because of a pool fouling, power failure, mechanical or maintenance problem. If this happens during lessons, instructors will use the time on land to teach water safety. Cancelled lessons cannot be made up.
A POOL FOULING WILL CAUSE A CLOSURE OF OUR POOL ANYWHERE FROM A HALF HOUR TO 12 HOURS
Here are some healthy habits to help stop the spread of germs and reduce the number of closures at our pool:
- Feed your children at least one hour before swimming.
- Wash your body thoroughly with soap and water before swimming.
- Take your kids to the bathroom before swimming.
- Children not toilet trained must wear swim diapers made for swimming pool use. These are available to buy at the front desk.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after using the toilet or after changing diapers.
- Do not spit in the pool.
- So not swim when you have diarrhea or are feeling sick. This is especially important for children in diapers.
All swim times could change at any time. Visit the Cancellation and Changes page for updates.
Please note that the Vollmer Complex pool will be closed from August 26-October 9 for maintenance and repairs. More information can be found on the Cancellation and Changes page.
Reservations for public swims are suggested. To make a reservation for any of our public swims, call us at 519-969-7771 ext. 0. Please get there at least 15 minutes before the swim starts. Reservations will not be held after the swim starts.
For pool admission policies and swimming schedules, visit the Swimming Schedules page.