By-law Enforcement Staff are responsible for:
- receiving written complaints from LaSalle residents and businesses, regarding various by-laws that have been adopted by the Town of LaSalle;
- carrying out all required inspections when complaints are received;
- issuing tickets and orders to comply;
- completing administrative and legal duties to ensure compliance with Council adopted By-laws;
- educating the public on by-law matters.
Town Council has passed specific by-laws regulating areas such as the licensing of dogs, parking, zoning, signs and noise. Electronic copies of all Town of LaSalle By-laws are available for viewing and downloading.
Residents and businesses wishing to file a written by-law enforcement complaint can do so by submitting a written complaint to the Town's Compliance Officer by:
- contact Roxanne Renaud
- regular mail to the attention of: R. Renaud, 5950 Malden Road, LaSalle, Ontario, N9H1S4
When a written complaint is being submitted to the Compliance Officer, please include the following information:
- the address of the property where the alleged by-law violation is taking place;
- a brief description of the alleged by-law violation (including photos if available);
- where possible, the name of the by-law and the section(s) of the by-law that is not being complied with;
- the name, address and phone number of the person filing the written by-law complaint.
Complaint information is kept confidential in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act