Minus icon Plus icon Plus icon Print Icon

Animal Control

Dog License Information

By-law number 7841 requires that all dogs in the Town of LaSalle be licensed on or before March 31st of each year.

You may purchase a dog license in person, by mail, or by using the night deposit box located at the front south/east corner of the LaSalle Civic Centre. When registering for a new dog licence application, a Dog Tag Application/Renewal Form (pdf) should be filled out and submitted along with payment for the licence.

If you no longer own a dog, please contact a Town representative during regular working hours at (519) 969-7770 extension 1221 so that our records can be updated.

More information on Dog License Applications 

Running At Large

To protect your pet from being picked-up and brought to the Pound, please keep them tied, penned, housed or on a leash (this also applies to walking your dog).

Also the Town of LaSalle has established new "Standardized Pound Fees" for habitual offenders.

First Offense - $30.00
Second Offense - $50.00
Third Offense - $100.00

The impounding fee is an additional $10.00 per day up to 72 hours.  After 72 hours your pet is either put up for adoption or euthanized.  If you would like to report a stray animal, please contact the Town of LaSalle Animal Control Officer, Philip Byrne at 519-562-1730. 

Lakeshore Dog Pound Lost, Found & Adoption

If a lost or stray dog is found by the Town of LaSalle Animal Control Officer, the animal will be brought to the Lakeshore Dog Pound for safety and shelter.

Please contact the Lakeshore Dog Pound directly if your dog is lost.

Lakeshore Dog Pound
914 East Puce Road
Emeryville, ON  N0R 1C0
Phone: 519-727-6495

Dog adoptions from the Lakeshore Dog Pound are coordinated through St. Clair College of Applied Arts and Technology. The college is an accredited Veterinary Technician Program facility with a registered teaching veterinary hospital. For further information please visit the St. Clair College website at the following link https://www.stclaircollege.ca/pets-for-adoption.

During the months of June, July and August while the students at the college are on vacation, please contact the Windsor Essex County Humane Society http://windsorhumane.org/happytails/billy-forever-home/