Bus Passes and Tickets

Bus passes and tickets are available for purchase at:

  • LaSalle Civic Centre, 5950 Malden Rd., LaSalle
  • Windsor International Transit Terminal, 300 Chatham St. W., Windsor
  • Transit Centre, 3700 North Service Road, Windsor

Bus passes require photo identification. Photo identification must be obtained at the Windsor International Transit Terminal or at the Transit Centre. Photo identification must be presented at the time that a bus pass is purchased. More information about photo identification and bus passes.

Smart Cards Riders are encouraged to re-load Transit Windsor Smart Cards at either the Windsor International Transit Terminal (300 Chatham Street West) or at the Transit Centre (3700 North Service Road East). 

Regular Fares

All fares are consistent with Transit Windsor fares. There are several options available from single-use fares starting at $3.25. For current information about Transit Windsor fares, please visit their website.

 Special Fares and Days

LaSalle Council approved the following "special fares" to be granted to the following groups:

  • Military anyone in a military uniform may ride for free in LaSalle on the following days:
    • D-Day (June 6)
    • Raid on Dieppe (August 19)
    • Remembrance Day (November 11)
  • Seniors (ages 60+) pay $1 cash fare per ride on LaSalle Transit route 25 for the month of June in recognition of seniors month;
  • Students may ride for $1 cash fare per ride on LaSalle Transit route 25 during the week of March break;
  • Summer Saver a two month pass offering savings to youth (ages 13-19) in July and August. 

 

* Veterans can apply for their free lifetime transit pass. Please visit the Transit Windsor website to learn more about the War Veteran Transit Pass program, who is eligible, and how to apply.

LaSalle Transit and Pathway to Potential Affordable Pass Program Flyer

 Affordable Pass Program (APP)

LaSalle, in partnership with Transit Windsor and Pathway to Potential (P2P), offers the Affordable Pass Program (APP) to qualifying individuals. The APP allows residents to purchase a discounted 30-day bus pass from LaSalle Transit. The APP covers 49% of the cost for a full-price 30-day Smart Pass, and registrants pay the remaining 51% at the time of purchase.

Who is Eligible?

The APP is currently available for residents of Windsor and Essex County that are living with low income, recipients of Ontario Works (OW), and Ukrainian refugees:

  1. Low-Income Households: All members of a household whose combined income is less than Statistics Canada’s Low Income Cut-off (LICO). Proof of income is required for the most recent tax base year (e.g., Notice of Assessment, Canada/Ontario Child Benefit notice, Confirmation of Permanent Residence document).

  2. Recipients of Ontario Works (OW): OW recipients can purchase an affordable pass if they are not provided a pass by Social Services. Transit Windsor requires proof of benefits (medical/dental and payment stub).

  3. Ukrainian Refugees in Canada: Ukrainian refugees must provide their Canada Ukraine Authorization for Emergency Travel (CUAET) documentation to apply.

How to Apply?

Along with the APP application form, proof of household income, and/or other supporting documents, must be submitted (photocopies are preferred).

All applications must be signed and dated by the primary applicant and their spouse. For more information on the APP, please contact the LaSalle Civic Centre at 519-969-7770.

Residents interested in the APP who live outside of LaSalle should contact Transit Windsor for more information.