Affordable Recreation

Pathway to Potential (P2P)

Based on family net income, individuals may be eligible for funding to take part in recreation programs. The Pathway to Potential program, in partnership with the Town of LaSalle and County of Essex, makes funds available to support residents in LaSalle who otherwise may not have access to recreation opportunities. The goal of the program is to provide recreation opportunities to all individuals regardless of financial circumstances.

Request Funding

To request funding, please complete the online form. After completing the form, an employee from the Culture and Recreation department will follow up with you.

Eligibility Requirements

Applicants must meet the following criteria to receive funding:

  • Must show proof of residency in the Town of LaSalle.
  • Provide most current Canada Child Tax Benefit Notice / Ontario Child Benefit Notice.
  • Provide most current Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency (for adult funding).

Funding eligibility is determined based on the size of your family unit and your family's annual net income, as per the Statistics Canada low income cut-offs (LICO).

How can I use this money?

Funding supports registration fees towards recreational programs and organized sports/activities. This program does not fund individual lessons, travel sports, uniform/clothing fees or yearly membership or association fees. 

How much funding can I receive?

In most cases, the Pathway to Potential program provides up to 90% of funding. You are required to pay the remaining 10% of the cost of the program. 

Canadian Tire Jumpstart

The Canadian Tire Jumpstart program is a charity to help kids in financial need take part in organized sports and recreation such as hockey, dance, soccer and swimming. Visit Jumpstart to learn more about their funding program and how to apply.