The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) processes and issues Liquor Licenses. Applications for this licence must be submitted through the AGCO website.

To support your AGCO application, you will need the following documents from the municipal offices:

  • Agency Letter of Approval from Town of LaSalle Building Department
  • Agency Letter of Approval from LaSalle Fire Service
  • Municipal Information Form from the Municipal Clerk

By completing the Liquor Licence - Municipal Clearance request form, our staff will circulate your information and any relevant documents to the approving officials and provide you with the required documentation to complete your AGCO application.

Fee: There is a processing fee of $50.00.

Timeline:  Allow the Town 30 days for processing on top of any AGCO timelines.

Liquor Licence - Municipal Clearance Request Form

Temporary Outdoor Physical Liquor Licence Extension (Temporary Patio)

NEW! Effective January 1, 2023 the Town of LaSalle processes and approves Temporary Patio Requests. Temporary patios may only operate for a maximum of eight (8) months per calendar year.

To support your Temporary Patio application, please be prepared to upload the following documents:

  • Copy of your existing Liquor Sales Licence and any conditions with it
  • Letter of permission from the landlord/owner
  • Site Plan of proposed temporary patio (must meet the Town's requirements)
  • Windsor-Essex County Health Unit letter of "No Objection"

By completing a Temporary Patio Request Form our staff will circulate your information and any relevant documents to the approving officials. You will be notified the status of your request via email.

Applicants are still responsible for notifying the AGCO of their approval, the duration, and any conditions on the approval.

Important: Please carefully review the Town's Temporary Patio Process and Temporary Patio Guidelines.

Timeline: Allow the Town 30 days for processing

Temporary Patio Request Form

Special Occasion Permit

The AGCO processes and issues Special Occasion Permits (SOP), which allows for the sale and service of alcohol on special occasions, such as cash bars at weddings or private receptions, as well as larger scale events that are open to the public, such as charity fundraisers. Applications for a SOP must be submitted through the AGCO website.