The maintenance and repair of Town owned drainage is provided through the Public Works Department. 

Should a problem persist please call the Public Works Department between the hours of 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at 519-969-4143. In the event of an emergency after hours, the phone will be answered by the Police Dispatch Center.

Infilling a Ditch

The installation of a professionally engineered culvert in a roadside ditch is permitted within the town right-of-way in front of your property.  The homeowner is responsible to pay all costs for the Engineer, the permit, the material, the installation, and the restoration (i.e. stone, shouldering etc.). The Town inspects the work for compliance. Only contractors Licensed with the Town can work on the Town Road Allowance. 

Driveway Culvert and Ditch Infill Repairs

If the existing culvert in your driveway or ditch requires repair or replacement, the homeowner is required to purchase the new culvert or pipe. The Public Works Department will install. Please note this does not include driveway or landscape restoration or headwall construction. The town will only supply and install gabion stone end treatments. 

Roadside Drain Maintenance

Roadside Drainage maintenance in the Town of LaSalle is done on a rotational basis. The drains are assessed annually and prioritized based on condition.


Municipal Drainage

View our Municipal Drainage page for municipal drainage information and current municipal drainage projects.